2005 - 2010
The Leadership, Management, and Sustainability 2 (LMS2) project is a continuation of LMS, which provided technical assistance to Haiti’s Ministry of Health (MOH) to coordinate and plan interventions aimed at reducing HIV transmission. A five-year project, LSM2 is funded by USAID and led by CCP in partnership with Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and Haiti’s MOH. LMS2 will continue to reinforce the MOH capacity, strengthen the capacity of local organizations involved in HIV/AIDS prevention, and fight against workplace HIV stigma and discrimination. LMS2 is also mandated to coordinate sexual prevention interventions through the existing PEPFAR behavior change communication (BCC) technical working group.
- Technical support to design a communication strategy for HIV prevention and stigma reduction in the workplace.
- Developed a radio program aimed at discussing social norms and other real life issues related to HIV/AIDS within Haitian communities.
- 30 staff members from the MOH were introduced to the methodology of the “Community Action Cycle” and how it can be applied in different settings to address HIV issues in Haiti.
- A Community Mobilization Officer was hired and supported to develop a strategic vision for community mobilization.
- A proposal (concept paper) was developed to guide the implementation of a pilot project in the Southern Department of Haiti to test, document and disseminate a viable community mobilization “model” that can be replicated throughout Haiti.
- Using the Community Action Cycle (CAC) as a framework, 26 program managers from MOH, local NGOs and private agencies were trained on community mobilization strategies and advocacy techniques to reduce HIV and AIDS in Haiti.
- Revised the community mobilization strategy to take into consideration the new HIV/AIDS framework developed by MOH, as well as new data available regarding HIV.